Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And the NAACP Image Award goes to.....

Ever since I found out about my name being thrown in the hat for the Debut Author Image Award I have been playing that phrase out in my mind.

They announce my name...I smile...wave...scoot around Beyonce, step over Denzel and make my towards the stage to get my award! :) Ahhhhh...the possiblities....

If I have learned anything from this whole experience is that you should never give up on your dreams because in the blink of an eye...everything could change...and for the better. I have no idea what other authors are fighting for one of the 5 spots on the nominee ballot and I don't think I want to know. That way I can concentrate on me and not what anyone is or isn't doing. I've said it before, but I am really and truly honored that they even know my name. To make it on the ballot would be BANANAS!!

Well, I'm off to get some writing done...oh heck..who am I fooling. I'm about to get me a piece of pie, then clean up my house and watch TV for a little while. LOL!

Until next time...

D*


(echo) And the winner is......

No comments: