Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hey there!! I arrived safe and sound back in Atlanta today and I can't begin to tell you how happy I am. LOL! I love my family, but a week is MORE than enough time to catch up, exchange hugs and stories, eat and be on my way. I ended up with an impromptu vacation. What am I talking about you ask..well lemme tell ya! LOL!

Well....I get to my aunt's house (which is beautiful by the way) and I settle in at her desk ready to start working way on her laptop. I figure, I'd answer some emails, do some work on my next book...maybe even post a blog or two. WRONG!! Her internet is WACK!! I can't keep a connection long enough to hit Enter. (sigh) Fine..no big deal. I'll just use it to work on my documents. WRONG!! Most of my stuff is saved with 07...she has something crazy like Windows 95!! Just when I think I am down...my cousin shows up with his laptop. (Yay!!) NOT!! I plug my jump drive into his computer...only to LOSE the file I have desperately been trying to work on...but all is not lost....he finds the file. Some kind of way I had hidden it (eye roll) so I'm like COOL!! It's on... I am about to be a writing sensation. WRONG again. I plug the jump drive into my aunts laptop again...and MY JUMP IS DEAD!!!! Wiped out....blank..error messages flying all over the place! But thank GOD I had pulled everything off of it earlier that day and put it on my aunt's desktop. So after the screaming and crying died down...I went out and purchased a NEW jump drive. I quickly copied all my files to it and tucked it away safely in my purse and refused to touch it. LOL!

So here I am...back in the comforts of my office with my computer with my updated software and my new jump drive...and all I want to do is sleep. *sigh*

Well...I'm off! Talk to you soon!!

D*

No comments: